Strategic Selling for the Digital Age
Location: The Princeton Club of New York, 15 W. 43rd Street (betw. 5th & 6th)
Dates/Times: TBD - In-House Corporate Programs available. Time is from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Price: $295 (special rates are available for multiple registrations)
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary sellers. Learn from Brian McFarland of Video Egg, formerly of Rolling Stone, how to combine social media with the key fundamentals of selling in this highly competitive environment. Take your sales to the next level, and leverage your untapped sales potential.
"Strategic Selling for the Digital Age" is a course for salespeople who want to elevate their sales relationships, and produce measurable, consistent results. Sellers in digital, print, out-of-home, broadcast media and related fields are guaranteed to benefit from this course. Foundational concepts will be integrated with Web 2.0 strategies and tactics. This course will provide you with a foundational selling outline that keeps pace with the current state of the digital selling industry. Full Description
• Identifying the behaviors and skills of a successful sales professional
• Exploring your goal relative to your company (corporate, start-up?) – What does your brand look like and stand for?
- Product, what are you selling?
- Brands, who are you selling to, what accounts do you focus your energy on?
- How do you set sales goals based on your quota and plan?
• Mapping out strategies for territories, accounts, divisions and personnel to see...then deploying; how to build your sales pipeline
• Use of social media like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to hyper-develop your relationships
• Honing skills to: generate leads, improve the number & efficiency of your sales calls
• Preparation of all communication skills –phone, email, voice mail, social media
• "Got the appointment...hold the appointment"
• Preparing for sales calls: customer profiling, objection handling, competitive advantage, rehearsing (including role play)
• Presentation Skills Workshop – elevator pitch, laptop, projector
• Navigating the sales call – ATO, ABC, ELT (Acknowledge The Obvious, Always Be Closing, Empathize/Listen/Think)
• Consulting, creating, providing solutions and growing the customer's business – the customer-focused approach
• Fun with math – what numbers to draw on, and how to use them to your advantage Enhancing communication/negotiation skills for driving deal size and retaining margin
• TOC – dealing effectively with external factors (economic climate, price pressure, etc.)
• Review of all communications – in-person, phone, email, voice mail, social
- Follow-up, rules
• Closing (including role play)
• Management, maintenance and growth of the customer relationship over time
• Managing up and internally
• The "other side": What a credible digital buyer is looking for in their digital sellers
Who Should Attend?
- Sales Management
- Experienced Sales Executives looking to revitalize their existing sales skill set
- New Sales Executives, Account Executives, Account Managers
- Sales Planners and Support Staff
- Marketing, Media, and Ad Agency professionals
- New college graduates starting a career in sales
About Brian McFarland
Our Strategic Selling course is led by Brian McFarland. Brian is currently the Eastern Sales Director for VideoEgg, growing the NYC and Atlanta Sales offices since March of 2007. Under his guidance, the Eastern office now represents 35%+ of VideoEgg’s global media sales.
Brian began a career in media planning and buying in 1991 with Foote, Cone, Belding, NYC, transitioning to a print sales career that spanned 15+ years with 6 different magazines. Immediately before VideoEgg, Brian was the Consumer Electronics Sales Director for Rolling Stone, where he built an annual $10mm book of business during his 6 year tenure. Brian lives on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with his wife Nicole, and children Luke and Dylan. He can be found Spinning each morning at Equinox, and drumming for his classic rock band, Dead Mile Dance, on weekends.