A growing, fast-paced media agency with an excellent management team focused on media strategy, planning, and activation is seeking a Data Operations Specialist. We are an independent agency instilling thoughtful strategy and digital expertise into media implementation and analytics. The agency makes impactful media simple. We work in all forms of media with a digital-first approach.
The Data Operations Specialist supports the reporting, analysis, and tracking implementations for multiple clients. Responsibilities include designing and maintaining campaign dashboards; conducting ad hoc analysis to identify performance trends; deploying site pixels and tracking code via tag management solutions; and building tools and providing resources to facilitate all of the above.
- Design and deliver performance reports, dashboards, and analysis in response to client needs
- Use ETL tools to extract data from marketing platforms and load it to a suitable database for visualization
- Develop processes to automate common reporting and analytics tasks, e.g., writing API queries to retrieve data from media buying platforms
- Build and publish tracking tags using Google Tag Manager
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to translate analytics requests into action plans and deliverables
- Manipulate, clean, and visualize data using Tableau, Excel, MySQL, and similar tools
We are seeking someone with a keen understanding of statistics and the intellectual curiosity to explore new concepts in digital media. The candidate should be comfortable with choosing appropriate methods to retrieve and visualize data.
- Expert Excel skills: ability to effortlessly manipulate and parse spreadsheet data
- Hands-on experience with Tableau, Tableau Prep, or other BI and ETL tools (Datorama, Supermetrics)
- Thorough understanding of online conversion tracking concepts and reporting tools for platforms like TheTradeDesk, Google Ads, Facebook
- Ability to efficiently analyze and provide insights into complex data sets
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent quantitative and critical thinking skills
- 2-3 years experience in an analytically driven role
- Previous experience in the digital media or marketing industry
- Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics)