Seeking a Director, Email Products to own the vision, roadmap, and execution of the company’s core marketing and customer emails. This role will work cross-functionally to transform how the company uses email to inform and engage its customers, audience, and subscribers.
The company’s Digital Products team conceives, develops, and operates digital products that deliver value to our B2B audience, working with internal data, creative, marketing, communications, and client services teams.
The successful candidate brings deep expertise and demonstrated leadership in email product development, campaign management, and data analysis. They thrive on teamwork and fostering a spirit of trust and collaboration. They’re ready to serve as a digital thought leader within a diverse and fast-paced company, embracing problem-solving and learning. They apply a customer-centric mindset focused on crafting great experiences.
- Own the product vision, roadmap, and execution for their core email products
- Audit and evaluate existing emails to find opportunities for product development, consolidation, and improvement
- Lead cross-functional teams with creative, editorial, data, and marketing to drive product creation and iteration
- Take a customer-centric approach, leveraging data and research to understand behaviors and opportunities for adjusting or creating products
- Starting from business objectives, create clear goals and KPIs that can be measured across the organization’s email efforts
- Evangelize: build alignment for the email vision and roadmap across the organization
- Email product management experience, ideally at a B2B company or business-oriented media organization
- Demonstrated track record of driving successful product development and improvement
- Experience with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar enterprise ESP and marketing automation platforms
- Experience managing contract resources including agencies and freelancers
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Strong instincts for creating products that recipients will love and recommend
- Outcome-oriented: focused on clear goals, and leverages data and research to drive successful results
- Strong communicator and thought leader with the proven ability to build relationships and teams
- Hustle and drive – a creative thinker and problem solver who knows how to execute
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills including the use of Excel or BI tools such as Tableau
- Expert knowledge of the email ecosystem including deliverability, personalization, usability, and accessibility
- The ability to write or edit email code not required, but would be a plus