The Director, Audience Growth and Retention is responsible for setting and executing the strategy for growing, engaging, and retaining the digital audience for a suite of B2B digital media products. Audience growth will be pursued in close collaboration with the corporate marketing team who supports new customer conversion initiatives. This individual will also manage the teams responsible for email and social media in collaborating on top of funnel growth.
- Lead cross-functional teams, encompassing product, marketing, sales, and content, on design and execution of efforts designed to grow audiences for their products, including:
- Increased overall traffic (defined as page views, users, and sessions) to our sites;
- Growth in databases of registered users;
- Higher conversion of audience and visitors to paying subscribers;
- Increased user engagement and activity.
- Own the customer experience with our brands including email acquisition, social and eCommerce strategies, constantly driving towards growth through optimization.
- As Director, Audience Growth and Retention, lead renewal efforts for subscriptions, including managing and tracking target KPIs.
- Lead the teams tasked with the creation, design, delivery, orchestration, and effectiveness of customer and prospect communication.
- Identify and implement nurturing strategies aimed at retaining audiences in all parts of the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product, analytics, sales, marketing, creative, and editorial teams on spotting trends, developing roadmaps, and executing new strategies.
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing to promote key events and product launches.
- Manage vendor relationships and work with product development to evaluate and deepen relationships.
- Experience working in audience development, growth, or marketing
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong ability to ideate and execute on strategic initiatives
- Excellent written and speaking communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of and passion for the digital landscape
- Proven track record of leading teams
- Proficiency in metrics-based decision making with an emphasis on reading and interpreting data
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or Google Search Console Familiarity a plus
- Familiarity with SEMrush, SocialFlow, and/or email service providers a plus
- Knowledge of Project Management tools such as JIRA or Basecamp a plus