A growing, fast-paced media agency with an excellent management team focused on media strategy, planning, and activation is seeking a Marketing Data Analyst. We are an independent agency instilling thoughtful strategy and digital expertise into media implementation and analytics. The agency makes impactful media simple. We work in all forms of media with a digital-first approach.
The Marketing Data Analyst supports the reporting and analysis for all media teams. Responsibilities include designing campaign performance reports and maintaining existing reports; performing ad hoc analysis to identify trends; and building tools and providing resources to facilitate all the above.
- Design, execute and deliver marketing performance reports, dashboards, and analysis in response to client needs
- Develop tools and processes to automate common reporting and analytics tasks, e.g., writing API queries to retrieve data from media buying platforms
- Work with client account teams to translate client analytics requests into action plans and deliverables
- Manipulate, clean, and visualize data using Excel, MySQL, Tableau, and similar tools
We are looking for someone with a keen understanding of statistics and the intellectual curiosity to explore unfamiliar concepts. The candidate should be comfortable with selecting appropriate methods to interpret complex data sets and visualizing their findings.
- Expert Excel skills: manipulating, parsing, and blending data is essential
- Ability to efficiently analyze and provide insight into complex data sets
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent quantitative and critical thinking skills
- 1-2 years experience in an analytically driven role
- Experience with Tableau or other BI tools
- Previous experience in the digital media or marketing industry
- Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics)