A successful data forecasting and analytics platform that focuses on the Media and Entertainment industry (film/major studios, TV) is seeking a Sales Director. While the current team is focused on film, TV, and other Entertainment clients, this Sales Director will be building from this strong base and selling to adjacent verticals: Insurance, QSR, Beer and Beverage, Pharma.
- Driving company’s sales efforts to new advertiser clients across key product categories.
- Engaging with marketing, media and insights leaders at Fortune 500 brands, and their ad agencies, to understand their needs and position the value of company.
- Working with company leadership to develop a targeted list of prospect accounts, and maintaining a solid pipeline of meeting and proposal activity.
- Actively utilizing CRM software to track progress against sales outreach goals and financial targets.
- Meeting quarterly bookings and revenue sales targets.
- Working alongside company marketing team to develop and refine sales collateral, including presentations and marketing material.
- Helping oversee internal sales process by qualifying incoming leads and following-up as appropriate.
- Partnering with company product, technology, and analytics teams to prepare for sales meetings, and ensuring the proper attendance and follow-up to these meetings.
- Attending relevant industry conferences and networking events to evangelize company in the marketplace and generate new sales leads.
- Sales experience within the technology, data/analytics, and/or advertising research industries, some combination is preferred.
- Experience selling into marketing, media, and/or insights teams in one or more of the following verticals: Pharma, Food/Beverage, CPG, Beer, QSR/Casual Dining, Wireless, Insurance.
- Extensive experience driving revenue growth by identifying and bringing new products and services to market.
- Proven ability to drive new business and meet aggressive sales targets.
- Demonstrated skill at building consultative relationships with clients in order be seen as a partner, and not a vendor.
- Ability to easily navigate and comfortably work alongside cross-functional teams, including marketing, analytics, product and technology.
- Broad and deep experience developing and commercializing new growth platforms and revenue models.
- Collaborative, adaptive style that enables effective leadership of people from diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and driven by the excitement of building business from the ground up.