A growing, Content Marketing Agency is seeking a talented and experienced Sales Director to grow new business for the company. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. The company is comprised of strategists, creators, story-tellers and results producers, and are able to distribute content so it is seen across every channel with the purpose of getting the right content to the right audience at the right point in time.
We need a self-motivated “HUNTER” with an outstanding track record in sales who has a well-established rolodex of client contacts. In this position, you will be tasked with meeting annual sales targets across a variety of regions and accounts. You will be responsible for the entire sales process, from initial outreach, to pitching, to closing.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, duties will include prospecting new business, designing strategic sales plans, and assessing profitability and competition. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills with experience in working across different teams, including but not limited to client services, creative, marketing, digital strategy, legal and finance. While you will be able to sell across our entire suite of products, you will take a content-first approach in your sales outreach.
- Design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets
- Cultivate lasting relationships with customers to grow customer loyalty
- Conduct research to identify new areas of opportunity
- Develop annual sales objectives
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports
- Become a subject matter expert on our products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news
- Work with customers to better understand their business needs and goals
- Assess costs, profitability, and competition, to identify pricing
- Must work out of our NYC offices
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant field
- Experience in a similar role
- An established roster of contacts at the senior brand level
- Experience pitching to C-level clients
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and digital marketing techniques and best practices
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills