A digital travel media company is seeking a Sales Executive to become an essential part of their growing team. The right candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys selling, has a proven track record closing business, and understands the consultative sales process. The position requires a lot of listening, understanding the client’s communication objectives, and then coming up with branded solutions. This is a client-facing position in an energetic and dynamic work environment.
The Sales Executive will take ownership of accounts developed and provided as leads across various travel industry sectors, as well as develop new business on their own. This candidate will develop client relationships through in-person meetings, phone calls, and conference attendance. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: developing new business, setting and taking client meetings in-person and over the phone, putting together sales proposals, facilitating and creating sales contracts and media plans, etc.
- Independently build a large pipeline of leads to drive RFPs and IOs
- Build relationships with brand contacts and explain the power of advertising platform
- Work with sales planning team to build and present proposals to our advertising partners and prospects
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked in Salesforce
- Work closely with VP Sales to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Interact with the account management team to effectively manage client expectations and ensure successful campaign delivery
- Convey field intelligence to product management teams in regard to development features
- Involve sales management as needed or required
- Experienced digital seller
- Experience and understanding of the travel industry would be an asset
- Experience in B2B media sales also a plus, but not required
- Proven communication, presentation, phone etiquette and general sales skills
- Experience in a lead generating/sales planning/sales position, preferably at a digital media company
- Understanding of branding and performance campaigns
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals within the digital media space
- A true passion for online content, native advertising and a strong sales drive
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and in generated reports
- Excellent technological skills and ability to quickly learn what is needed to support the campaigns’ successful implementation and optimization
- The will and ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and learn, learn, learn!
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Existing media relationships are highly, highly preferred