An independent, growing media agency focused on media strategy, planning, and activation is looking for a VP, Group Media Directo to focus on their B2C business. The role leans heavily on integrated “all-media thinking” and comfort with traditional media execution and measurement. Needs solid traditional / TV planning experience. Regarding Digital experience: Digital experience is good, but cannot be the only kind of planning / dominant career path.
The company is West Coast-based, but the position can be remote as long as the candidate is willing to work on a Pacific Time schedule.
This position is for a lead strategic player overseeing the media department of a 20 ~ 30 person media planning team. This hire will serve as a senior point of contact for clients, oversees direct reports including Group Media Director and AMDs, and be accountable for media planning and buying efforts.
- Manage strategic media, media planning, media buying, and optimization to ensure best of breed services.
- Lead clients and provide counsel and direction on investment plans
- Interpret business challenges through a paid media lens to develop effective recommendations
- Manage key client and vendor contacts
- Develop individual skills and encourage personal growth of each employee
- Coordinate with team leaders to manage account staffing, ensuring each client is appropriately resourced.
- Work with Human Resources / Operations to develop/implement employee growth programs including job descriptions, personal goals, benefits, and performance evaluations
- Collaborate with HR on recruiting efforts
- Plan for and implement media documentation including client communications/planning documents, authorization/buying documents
- Identify opportunities and develop processes to streamline the execution of media product
- Contribute to New Business efforts by driving RFP responses and presentations
You are a passionate, talented, and driven media professional looking for an opportunity where you can feel the impact of your work across the company. You are a proven manager, and clients love the deep knowledge and perspective you bring to their business. You can serve as a strategic partner to marketers but like to get tactical as well.
- Commensurate level of relevant industry and traditional/digital media expertise
- Agency experience required
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with clients and team members
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team building, and organizational skills
- Not afraid to get in the weeds (from time-to-time) with planning & buying
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of media math calculations and concepts
- Up-to-date knowledge of media landscape
- Strong experience in traditional TV planning OR in-depth digital knowledge: you either know ballpark CPPs for a typical buying demo or can advise on the different targeting tactics and creative options for Facebook
- Diverse client experience welcome, CPG, Retail, E-Commerce, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, etc.