The VP of Data & Programmatic Sales will drive all sales efforts with data & private marketplaces. The purpose of this role is to bring in deals that leverage their proprietary embed, unique inventory and first-party data. The role will involve working with SSPs, DSPs, Agency Trading Desks and data exchanges.
The role offers a massive opportunity to grow out of the buy-side business and bring in consistent PMP and guaranteed data revenue. This person will work hand-in-hand with the direct sales organization to maximize total revenue. In addition to optimizing our current PMP strategy, this sales leader will be tasked with developing a data monetization strategy.
- Guide and drive the use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives
- Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain in ordinary terms (be technically savvy – understand the opportunities and limitations)
- Identify opportunities – industry learning, meet with vendors and provide a POV, with a client lens and in the desired format — education/evangelize the findings
- Oversee relationship with DMP (Data Management Platform) and Ad Tech Solutions
- Partner with teams to support DSP, and Data/Analytics partnerships
- Drive data strategy and integration into media plans focused on audience details
- Leverage relationships with agencies, buyers, and DSPs to secure always-on PMP deals to run across our inventory
- Consistently optimize PMP campaigns to deliver the best results
- Work with product to develop new features aimed at increasing revenue
- Consistently monitor the industry to understand new trends and innovation
- Provide all necessary campaign information to Ad Ops and Account Management team for campaign execution
- 6-10 years of experience in online advertising technology sales. 4 that include people/sales management.
- 10-12 years overall business experience in sales, business development or account management preferably in online advertising, trading desk and/or data sales organizations.
- BS or BA required & advanced degree desirable.
- Previous experience in selling programmatic media is a MUST
- Experience in pricing and packaging 1st party data to clients and the marketplace
- Familiarity with selling PMPs and programmatic guaranteed on programmatic exchanges
- Experience selling deals based on audience segment targeting
- Sell data segments from proprietary DMP on data exchanges
- Proven ability at closing programmatic deals and retaining customer spend
- Eagerness to work in a startup team environment that will be rapidly changing.
- Demonstrated development of meaningful partnerships with a diverse client base and proven track record as a trusted advisor to brands and agencies.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of creativity, self-motivation, and drive.